Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fastest Police Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fastest Police Car

Italian motorists have a hard-earned and, in my experience, a much-deserved reputation for recklessness, general anarchy and driving well in excess of posted speed limits on the country’s highways, byways and autostradas.

It seems only fair that the Italian version of the highway patrol has been armed by Lamborghini with the world’s fastest police car. The automaker has just presented the latest version of its Gallardo LP560-4 sports car, all tricked out in law enforcement trim, to the Italian state police.

In addition to catching speeders, the 2009 Gallardo has been outfitted with a video surveillance camera, gun racks, GPS, organ transplant cooler (in the luggage compartment) and defibrillator.

This version of the Gallardo produces 560 horsepower and has a top speed of 203 miles an hour. It actually replaces an older, slower (just 180 m.p.h. or so) Gallardo that had seen some 87,000 miles of service around Rome since 2004. No doubt all of those miles were used on official police business, right?

Well, it seems the car did somehow manage to show up in New York City in 2005 for the Columbus Day parade.

A third blue-light Gallardo has been patrolling in the Bologna region of north central Italy the past three years. It only has 62,000 miles on its odometer.

Informant’s tip: Watch out for the new Gallardo patrolling the A3 Autostrada between Salerno and Reggio Calabria in southern Italy.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

WOW... I will take a ticket to go PLEASE...
Old 11-02-2008, 04:02 AM
TECH Regular

They also have Lambo ambulance(s). Pretty sure they introduced the first one in 2004, the year I moved away. I was kicking myself for not getting to see them!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats pretty sweet my ex's father had an 04 lambo gallardo def one of the best cars i've ever ridden in