Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aps turbo f body guys tips ,tricks and questions thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Aps turbo f body guys tips ,tricks and questions thread.

We have a few threads already but not sure they get read much anymore so figured this one might be more to the point.

I have some questions and maybe few others of you do too.

Question..do you notice especially you six speed guys like me a lot more vibration from around 3000 up from I would guess the poly motor mounts the f body kits use?

If you are auto then still like to know how much you notice any increase in vibration also.

Question ..what oil grade are you running and type of oil.

Question... have you noticed anything on the kit that is rattling contacting the body type of thing and managed to fix it up. I hate rattles and have some new ones I think from the kit.

And you guys with bad turbos did they jut blow oil or screech or did they make some other loud rattling sound? Seem to have some weird sound from the left side but have so many leaks from the hooker ypipe clamps that cant' really hear things too clearly. Getting some band clamps today.

question.. did you guys run your wideband sensor in either of the back aps bungs? the drivers side is pretty close and the passsenger a bit farther back but my plx instructions say to get it 24 inches from turbo. So should I just get a new bung made in ypipe but not sure if you can even weld ceramic??
Might have to put it way back in intermediate section?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
We have a few threads already but not sure they get read much anymore so figured this one might be more to the point.

I have some questions and maybe few others of you do too.

Question..do you notice especially you six speed guys like me a lot more vibration from around 3000 up from I would guess the poly motor mounts the f body kits use?

If you are auto then still like to know how much you notice any increase in vibration also.

Question ..what oil grade are you running and type of oil.

Question... have you noticed anything on the kit that is rattling contacting the body type of thing and managed to fix it up. I hate rattles and have some new ones I think from the kit.

And you guys with bad turbos did they jut blow oil or screech or did they make some other loud rattling sound? Seem to have some weird sound from the left side but have so many leaks from the hooker ypipe clamps that cant' really hear things too clearly. Getting some band clamps today.

question.. did you guys run your wideband sensor in either of the back aps bungs? the drivers side is pretty close and the passsenger a bit farther back but my plx instructions say to get it 24 inches from turbo. So should I just get a new bung made in ypipe but not sure if you can even weld ceramic??
Might have to put it way back in intermediate section?
i dont feel any more vibration than i felt when i was N/A...but than again, i didnt drive the car for 2 years so i may just not remamber.

im using Shell brand Rotella oil...20w50 i beleive the weight is....what was suggested by a few people for new engine break in.

your rattling may be coming from the driverside exhaust shields that cover the fuel lines. there's also another shield that goes up higher up against the frame that became quite a pain in the *** to secure when the turbo was installed. may have come loose and is rattling.

im running a Fast Dual wideband unit....my Kooks Y-pipe has bungs welded in allready so i used them for the wideband which are about 12" to 18" away from the turbos...the bungs on the down pipes i used for the regular o2 sensors.

"""Knock on wood""" havent had trouble with my turbos...
Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i dont feel any more vibration than i felt when i was N/A...but than again, i didnt drive the car for 2 years so i may just not remamber.

Ok good to know..forget if you are auto or m6..?

im using Shell brand Rotella oil...20w50 i beleive the weight is....what was suggested by a few people for new engine break in.

your rattling may be coming from the driverside exhaust shields that cover the fuel lines. there's also another shield that goes up higher up against the frame that became quite a pain in the *** to secure when the turbo was installed. may have come loose and is rattling.

Yeah had some rattling on that one..think we got it today..

Also the clamps that came with my hooker ceramic yipe were leaking everywhere! All of the forward clamps..three of them. So bought some band clamps,stepped 3 inch and problem solved! Much happier now with no exhaust leaks!
Have my electric cutout when want a leak!

im running a Fast Dual wideband unit....my Kooks Y-pipe has bungs welded in allready so i used them for the wideband which are about 12" to 18" away from the turbos...the bungs on the down pipes i used for the regular o2 sensors.

We measured a bit. .One the passenger side to front of cold side is 24 inches. to middle is like 21 and to rear hotside is 19. is this going to cook out my bosch sensor and if so how fast. I don't really want to put it in the ceramic hooker but could if someone can tell me how .can you weld to the ceramic..my intermediate is not ceramic or coated but is it too far back?

"""Knock on wood""" havent had trouble with my turbos...
Well I am not seeing any smoke and have just touched boost a few times to maybe couple pounds.
But at least have all winter to take them off and send them away. Upgraded ones are possible but man they are not needed. Anyone that has an f body like mine that has no traction control you are in for a hell of a surprise!
And a built 408 is crazy without boost never mind boosted. Add in no traction control option and you are looking for some fun times..although the boys in blue might not think so!

Quick Reply: Aps turbo f body guys tips ,tricks and questions thread.