Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused about dry kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool confused about dry kits

i was looking through the nitrous outlets store at the kits for my 02 ss and i wondered what kit do yall think would be best (easiest, cheapest, reliable) set. im just looking for a 100 dry shot and im not sure what all is the difference between alot of kits and or which would work for my bolt on only set up and hopefully work later on when i get around to installing my cam. to clarify i guess im not really sure on what is the performance difference or gain between these kits: single nozzle, dual nozzle, or what is the deal with the small/large distribution kits as well as the halo system or what i would need to have these work.

sorry this is a long read but im wanting to make a purchase within the next few days and would like to know. so far based on my limited knowledge and remedial understanding i think i would want the halo one correct?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:08 AM
12 Second Club

Your best bet call one of our awesome nitrous sponsors! And talk with them!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

yea i figured i would have to but just wondered what the late night or early morning crowd would have to offer information wise. im always open to learning
Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 AM
TECH Addict

They do the same thing, its a matter of your goals and how you want to car to look...

Halo (for the hidden look)
Single nozzle (Quick and easy)
Dual Nozzle (more parts = more expensive, fancier look, potential for bigger shots)

Call
Nitrous Outlet (Ray, Chris, Grant, Dave)
HSW (Matt)
Dynotune (Dean, Dan)

Discuss your performance goals and what kind of look you want, they will tell you what they recommend. Pick the one you like best, or pick the best components from the ones you like (I bought from all three).

Things to ask about are Window Switches, Heaters, Purge, HSW Interface (worth a look for the Dry shot), as well as switch panels.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

thanks alot! that really helps out and yea the HSW interface seems like a pretty good addition to whatever system i get as im still learning all the tricks the hptuners program can do. if all im looking for is to do 100 shot would i need the dual nozzle? i really dont want anything fancy i just want something that can be hidden or atleast not easily noticable unless i want it to be.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Don't need the dual nozzle. w/ the interface and using a MAF tune (not SD Tuned), you can put the nozzle anywhere without having to worry about nozzle position and spraying it right at the MAF.

Call the vendors, its worth the time, they are very helpful (the three I listed).