Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DP tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DP tuning question

this board is gonna be the information source for the new gunniea pig.

now, i've got the f-4 kit, and im about to start plumbing it up on the weiand intake. ok, so my question is,
since it's jetting starts @ 300, and seeing as how i dont really want to start there on my motor, could i leave the 300 jets in it and compensate for the excess N20 by adding ALOT of fuel and taking out a bunch of timing? i figure that'd be effective and safe, but i want other's opinions on this.

i could work at leaning it out till it makes good power safely. and put timing back in as needed.

what im looking at working into eventually is a dry 100-150 shot out of the hole, and the DP kit to shoot the 300 as soon as the first 60' is over. i think 300 would kill the tires. (it be nice to hook it though ) any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2003, 12:47 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: DP tuning question

No you cannot do that. You will go so fat that you'll lift the ring lands and chunk your motor up. Follow their jet map and recommendations for timing. I don't know why they don't offer a smaller jet map and I'm not sure if the TNT jet map is a true 300 or is it more like a 250. That I can't tell you.

A 300 hit is going to hit the car pretty hard. What you can do is what I did, put a Digi-Set timer in between a button/2step and the relay for the noids. This will let you get the car to roll for 0.x seconds before it kicks the noids on. It prevents shaking the tires loose and makes the launches easier to control. I only run .1 second delay and it calms my car right down and still puts up 9's. The timers are only 60 bucks if you get them from an electronics store, you're looking for a Delay on Make Digi-Set to do that.

In all honesty, 300 is going to be a wild ride. I'd crawl before sprinting into a dual stage setup for sure. You'd almost be spraying more than Big Mike and I combined, if that gives you a rough idea as to what you're looking at.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: DP tuning question

Derty,

thanks for your imput. i definately plan on working my way up to the 300, but thats what i built the motor for. im just new to this DP stuff, and im not afraid to try new things, but i also want to do this the right way, and do it the first time. i'll probably just buy some more jets for 100 and 200 and go from there. i dont know what im going to do with these 4-5-6 hundred pills..

i guess all im really looking at is, the right way to "crawl" as you put it, into doing this the right way. i'll have to look into those timers. and this will be a "1-step" two stage. pretty simple. it only runs one stage at a time, so it wont be a true 2 stage. i've allready been running cold plugs, and i think i've pretty well got the fuel situation lined out. so we'll see in a few more weeks.