Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Low pass filter&freq

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Low pass filter&freq

I have been messing with my speakers lately and found that the amp (Alpine PDX1.1000) has a low pass filter.Three different settings. What does this do? Also there is a low pass frequancy ****.It goes from 55 on the right side to 150 on the left. What does that do too? I always left them alone. I have two Alpine type-r subs running off the that one amp. Any help would be great.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The low pass filter on the amp lets you adjust where the amp will cut off the freq. to the subs. For example if you set it to 55hertz, the amp will only send the frequencies below 55 hertz to the subs and taper off the other frequencies going to them so that high notes will not be amplified to the subs. the three settings you are talking about have to do with how steep the slope of the frequency you select is tapered off. If set to 55 hertz on the ****, and the selector is set in the steepest position (look for the highest number on there) then at 55 hertz the amp will very quickly cut off the frequencies above 55 hertz. if set to the least steep setting, then the amp will gradually cut back the frequencies after 55 hertz until it cuts off the signal being amplified. All this BS means is play with the frequency **** and slope switch until you find something that sounds good to you for the music u are listening to. Good head units also have these same settings built in, so you dont have to mess with the amp settings as much and can adjust from the driver seat. have fun with it.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Damn. What a explantion. Thank you for that info. I thought i could adjust that stuff thur the head unit, it is a Alpine too. Thanks.