Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How much stronger does a TA girdle make a rear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How much stronger does a TA girdle make a rear?

I have a new motor (430rwhp) and have a stock rear end with the stock 3.42s. If I buy 4.10s, a stud kit, and a TA girdle, how much stronger will the rear be? I dont use slicks, just 315 Nittos. I also dont launch realy aggresive at the track. Will the rear end last? It is my daily driver, and only sees the track three or four times a year.Thanks
Old 09-19-2003, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: How much stronger does a TA girdle make a rear?

it will make the raar stronger,but not that strong.if you be careful and not lonch hard the rear will last,how long?who knows.if it were me,i would NOT put 4.10's in a 10bolt,i'de save for a 12bolt.if you do go 4.10's and the rear breakes can you afford to fix it? if so,do as you will. a 12bolt lonching at 6,000rpm's is priceless good luck to ya.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always advise spending ZERO money on upgrading the stock rear. Attempting to strengthen it inevitably turns into an exercise in futility and money wasted. I'd save for a real rear or not race the car.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree with the Colonel on this one. Any money spent on a stock 10 bolt is an execise in futility, and a waste of money. You can spend over $500 on up to upgrade a very weak rearend, and all you get is a weak rearend with $500 invested in it.
Yes the Moser/Strange rears are expensive, but to be dollar wise is always better then penny foolish. When I launch I'm more afraid of breaking something in the front end when my front tires come back down, then breaking my Moser. That is confidence in a stout rearend.