Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need help in RI

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in RI

I have a 95 z28 with 4.10 gears. I currently cant go over 75mph due to the speedlimiter kicking in. Anybody from RI southern MA or Eastern CT have a program that can correct this for me? I plan on going to Slowhawk racing for my tune with in the next 2-3 weeks. I was hoping to go sooner but im going a bit more extreme on my tranny build than i orginally planned, so i have to wait a few more weeks for some more funds. I would like to be able to have a bit of fun with my car before then so im looking for anybody semi local who can help me out. Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call PCMforless.com they can email you a file, you just need the cable, id drag your pc to the car and just load it from there. If you were closer my TUNER CATS should work on 94/95. But its been awhile lol.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As I said before,be carefull. You bought a used car with a supercharger and a bunch of work done to it but the owner never cared to change the gear ratio in the computer? Who knows what else he skimped on and your probly at high risk to blow the motor.Atleast roll that thing on a dyno before you swallow a **** ton of $$ from more problems.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
As I said before,be carefull. You bought a used car with a supercharger and a bunch of work done to it but the owner never cared to change the gear ratio in the computer? Who knows what else he skimped on and your probly at high risk to blow the motor.Atleast roll that thing on a dyno before you swallow a **** ton of $$ from more problems.

With that being said the car will stay the way it is until you can work your magic with it. I really would like to change the gears while the car is allready at the shop(getting the tranny rebuilt). If i find out my rear end is not a 4 seriers I can go with a higher gear rather than the 3.73... Whats my best option??
Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Teching In

With that being said the car will stay the way it is until you can work your magic with it. I really would like to change the gears while the car is allready at the shop(getting the tranny rebuilt). If i find out my rear end is not a 4 seriers I can go with a higher gear rather than the 3.73... Whats my best option??
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Ohhh, he didnt say blower car.... I should have asked. Like said if the car had basic mods and it was a gear ratio issue, then try pCMforless. But You do have a sponer semi local who can work on the car. I think for peice of mind, take it to hawk and make sure it's running safe.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

dont u need software for don to tune her? since shes an LT1? or Don did u aquire some LTx software? hehe i hope so
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
dont u need software for don to tune her? since shes an LT1? or Don did u aquire some LTx software? hehe i hope so
There is Tuner CATS and LT1edit, CATS is cheaper and often someone can just use their own file or borrow, its not locked. All CATS software has a trial timeframe which if you delete it and reinstall, it starts the window.

At least for 94/95, after 96/97 its ODB2 and its a different software, 93 is where you burn chips.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 11-13-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Teching In

I belive from what i hear from don he is more familar with lt1edit. I plan on purchasing it for him so he can tune my car. Yea sorry i forgot to mention its supercharged. wupsi
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
I will tune the cars if the customer supplies the software that is $200 per car.
For the 2-3 customers a year it's not worth the investment to buy an unlimited version at this time.

I've tuned many LT1's from stock to 600rwhp blower cars. Would be nice if EFI live would support the LT1's though.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

i see i see, it just sounded like the OP didnt have any software so i was just curious...

im gonna look into lt1edit (if thats what u like the best Don) and then maybe this upcoming year or the next bring it toya for a saweet tune...