Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

weird supercharger problem...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird supercharger problem...

I want to pick some brains.. don't know if you saw my other posts, but I have been fighting what I thought was a high rpm miss for a few months. At about 5500-5700rpm the car feels like it has a miss(jerks) hard enough by 5800rpm you need to let off.. I went through everything New: plugs, wires, valve springs, crank sensor, checked crank sensor wires, pulled oil pan and checked reluctor wheel, etc... So the other night I was thinking outside the box..So I reved the motor up slowly in neutral with no load or boost(low cylinder pressures) and it still does it at 5700rpm...So pulled the belt off, reved the motor up slowly in neutral and the motor pulls clean and smooth to 7000rpm. Put the belt back on, pulled off the 2 bypass valves and just let the air free flow(no load on the blower) and reved it up slowly in neutral again with no load or boost and it still does it. Very weird..I'm thinking its an internal problem with the Paxton.. Chris from ECS is sending me a 3.25" pulley to test with and see if slowing the blower speed down moves the problem up in the rpm range indicating if it a head unit problem...

Well sorry for the long message guys..Any input would be helpful.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember seeing your posts about this in the past. Im interested to see what you find out. Sounds like your on the right track
Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw this tonight on a d1sc...the filter was too small and it sucked the rubber elbow shut that connects the filter to the d1sc
Old 11-20-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cablebandit
i saw this tonight on a d1sc...the filter was too small and it sucked the rubber elbow shut that connects the filter to the d1sc
No rubber elbow. I'm pretty sure its an internall problem right now. Going to do a few test tonight to isolate it...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you run a MAF?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

no MAF...I found a guy on the corvetteforum that had the same problem, and turned out to be a bad impeller bearing and right at 57-5800 it was putting a huge load on the unit and stumbling. 1 impeller bearing cage was literally gone when I took it off and impeller had dropped down off center when all the bearing rolled to one side. Going to pull mine apart and take a look...