Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about S&W components ??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about S&W components ??????

Has anyone on here used the S&W subframe connectors/trans-crossmember, torque arm unit on a street car ??? I had a S&W roll bar in my 93 Mustang coupe and the quaility and fit was great. I know this looks like more of a strip setup, but don't see why it couldn't be used on a street strip car. Let's hear your input, Thanks.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

I can't believe nobody has any input on this stuff ??????????????????
Old 12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

I had a hacked up s&w on the car when I bought it. The previous owner hacked the center off and used different subframe connectors which is not safe in my opinion. I'm running a umi tunnel mount setup on the car now but in the spring will probably make my own style a lot like the s&w but with a bend in the tunnel so my exhaust can go thru. The problem with the S&W or at least how they used to make them is the bar is straight with the underside of the body so it will be right in the way of an aftermarket y-pipe unless you want to run true duals and run the exhaust below the bar. Otherwise I think it is the best way to bring the whole car's frame and suspension together. I guess it just depends what you want to do with the car. I was also thinking about making the drivers - passenger bar bolt mount on the bottom of my boxed frame connectors to give me my exhaust clearance and make spacers to mount to my tunnel, but i'll have to see what clearance that will give me.

Quick Reply: Question about S&W components ??????