11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Hit 11's with stock internals

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit 11's with stock internals

Ran my LS2 Monte SS today @ Atco Raceway. It was a track rental so was able to get alot of runs to dial in the car. Ran a best of 11.958 @114.36 short time was a 1.755 other runs were an 11.98 and a 12.09 with a bunch of runs in the lows 12's to 13's fighting with traction issues. Now part of the 11 second club. Not bad for a stock internal LS2 with boltons and a 3700 lb race weight. I was using the BF Goodrich drag radials and they would not hook for ****. Temps were about 30 degrees. I think there's more to be had, going to get some Mickey ET Streets next time. After about 10 passes of trying really hard to make my drag radials hook this is what I pulled off my quarter panel
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Silver, Very nice times and I am sure that you will do better yet. I plan on doing something along those lines in the Springtime. Right now I have the engine LS376/480, 4L65E trans, & the engine harness. Have to gather the mounts, front accessories, and trans wiring harness plus a lot of little stuff. Project car will probably be my 87 Buick T or my 86 Monte SS. Matt is having another Track Rental on Dec. 5th. Are you going to that one? How did Matt do with the G8 GT?
Again, very nice times especially on it's maiden voyage. Good Luck with it.
Rich
Old 11-22-2008, 02:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TURBO BUICK
Silver, Very nice times and I am sure that you will do better yet. I plan on doing something along those lines in the Springtime. Right now I have the engine LS376/480, 4L65E trans, & the engine harness. Have to gather the mounts, front accessories, and trans wiring harness plus a lot of little stuff. Project car will probably be my 87 Buick T or my 86 Monte SS. Matt is having another Track Rental on Dec. 5th. Are you going to that one? How did Matt do with the G8 GT?
Again, very nice times especially on it's maiden voyage. Good Luck with it.
Rich
Thanks! That LS3/480 should really haul!! Good luck with your project, your gonna love it! Matt ran a best of 11.14@125 with his G8, he was having problems with the trans. That car definitely has a 10.999 in her! I would love to go to the Dec 5th track rental but I'm flat out broke and have no tires to run.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Reply

SilverBullet,My wife and I were thinking about going to the track rental on Nov. 21st but decided against it because of the money. The same for the Dec. 5th track rental. It costs us about $500 every time we go to these track rentals for food, hotel, gas, track rental fee etc. With the economy ,we like everyone else have to give up somethings that aren't a necessity although we do have a lot of fun with everyone at Tune Time Performance. We definitely plan on going to the TR that Matt is having in March.
I would definitely like to touch base with you on your conversion. You might be able to help me avoid some pitfalls. Actually I would like to see your conversion. Maybe after Thanksgiving we can get together. If you can send me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call.
Were Ralph or Mike taking any pictures ?
It sounds to me that Matt finally found the limit of his trans.
Again, good luck with your Monte SS. Nice street sleeper.
Rich
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks! Sure, I'll help out a fellow hotrodder. I know they shot a video of my runs, not sure on pics but I do have a whole slew of pics from the swap in my sig that should help you out. I will make a note of the track rental in March and try to make that one. I'll shoot you a pm.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What bolt on mods are you running on your LS2?
I have a stock as a rock LS2, tuned but no bolt ons running 11.90's with traction issues out of the hole, 2900lbs though.

Quick Reply: Hit 11's with stock internals