Houston Superfeast 2008!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston Superfeast 2008!!

If anybody here doesn't have any family or friends to be with on Thanksgiving come and join me at the Houston SuperFeast. It's a great way to spend Thanksgiving and helping some people that are less fortunate. You can work for as long or as little as you'd like, and if you've got children they are welcomed as well. Volunteers are needed to help setup tables and chairs, prepare food, serve food, help some of the handicapped and elderly through the serving line, find them a place to sit, get them a drink, and clean up when they leave. I've done this on Thanksgiving for the last 3 years and it's much more enjoyable than sitting at home by myself.

If you want to help volunteer it's real simple. The event is held right outside of Houston City Hall (900 Smith, between McKinney and Walker). Volunteers start showing up at 4:30 AM and are needed through about 5 PM, but you can show up whenever you want, and leave whenever you want. There is a volunteer sign-up booth on the side of city hall where you sign-up, get your hat, and then you can get to work. You can either ask to be assigned to a certain task, or you can do whatever needs to be done.

I hope to see some of ya'll out there!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Ben how is school going, where you been. I haven`t seen you since my G-Force days!! Whats up!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Ben how is school going, where you been. I haven`t seen you since my G-Force days!! Whats up!!!
Schools going pretty well. I've got a few more weeks before I move up to Colorado but I'm finishing strong in my last semester here! How's your car doing??
Old 11-23-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Running good. Clean and pretty!! Good Luck with school!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Back to the top!! Only two days left!! This is a great way to spend Thanksgiving!!