Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HPT for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT for boost?

Im new to the efi bit. Im planning on 15psi on a forged 347 bottom end.
wanting to know if the hp tuner on the stock ecu would be ok to use and have enough tunability for 800hp. Or what a good affordable setup would be.
And also would it remove vats and codes. if someone has a setup similar and or a writeup it would be much appreciated.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hp tuners is set up nicely for boost. For 15psi you will want to go to 2 bar speed density but you are on the border for it but can go up a bit higher just think it will run a bit rich past 15psi not a huge deal. I went with 3 bar as might go to 20psi max although really can't see it being necessary and might not gain much extra power from going past 15 with current turbos.Find out next year on dyno I guess.

So yeah get it but be warned its not user friendly program really. You can do simple stuff pretty easily but it takes some serious studying to be able to do the more complicated stuff. Course if you can get hold of a similar modded car that can at least give you a baseline.

I got my car up and running with just the maf as was sticking low boost for engine beak in and knew the season was ending so now have rest of winter to figure out my 3 bar tuning. Going to try it myself and will hire experts if can't figure things out.

Its a shame that my dsm tuning programs are way way more user friendly and easier to use. And they can do stuff in software that seems we have to do in hardware on the ls1s like two step, antilag to name two things.

You don't need the serious stuff like Big stuff 3 unless you are super hardcore.
I fully expect to be able to put down 800 to maybe 1100 rwhp with stock pcm and my hptuners. Many others have done it.

Quick Reply: HPT for boost?