Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ticking on decel

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticking on decel

It has been doing this for awhile now but it seems to have gotten worse. The rear is a spooled 9 inch.

the ticking seems to be coming from both sides of my axles, but could be coming from the center its hard to tell.... and ONLY happens when decelerating. seems to be most noticeable on decel from 50 to 25mph. almost sounds like when we were kids and put baseball cards in the spokes, but has more of a drone sound to it.

i took a look underneath the car and nothing seems to be rubbing, but the sounds seems to be consistent with my wheel spinning, or axles.

anyone got any ideas?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay well I figured I would put the car up on jacks and put it in drive and listen for the sound.....well, it is still happening but It is actually coming from my exhaust not the rear! it sounds like it is coming from the rear when sitting in the car but it is actually coming from either my exhaust or engine/tranny. im running an open y.

I proceeded to put the car in park and rev it up to see if it did it with out rear and driveshaft moving and it did. so ill make a new thread in the engine section, but im pretty sure it might be an exhaust leak.