Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Fresh Newb

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh Newb

Hey, im Mike From Texas. I bought a 99 Silverado with a 6.0 in it and have recently paid it off and want to get started on hopping it up a bit. I got a buddy running the same motor in his Jeep and its the shiznit. I asked him where to get good info and he pointed me here. I eventually want to throw the drivetrain into my rockbuggy but wanted to have some fun with it while it was still street legal. I am 100% new to this motor so any help would be killer. Thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and you'll learn alot of stuff on here.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope so. Im getting pretty excited about fixin up my truck. Unfortunately i still havnt really gotten into it to much.

Im really into Rockcrawling and dont hold it against me but its a Toyota, but it aint street legal so it has to get to the trail somehow. With the Yota i had a buddy there with me that was one step ahead on his own so i could ask questions. With the crawler"hauler", im all alone here cuz they all drive Dodge duallys. I really like to do all my own work, but i have no idea where to start. My skills are good, i have done a solid axle swap, tranny swap, motor swap, propane conv., re gear t case, lots of tube and cage work, but this Chevy motor is like a damn science project. So.......where do i start?