Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

antena relocation questions please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default antena relocation questions please help

I am trying to relocate my antena inside the car to make the outside look cleaner but am having a hard time finding an antena that will allow me to do so. I like how some of the bmw's use the antenas mounted in the windshield. If anyone has a recomendation I greatly apreciate the help.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by transamsam98
I am trying to relocate my antena inside the car to make the outside look cleaner but am having a hard time finding an antena that will allow me to do so. I like how some of the bmw's use the antenas mounted in the windshield. If anyone has a recomendation I greatly apreciate the help.
I bought and installed an Alpine KCE305 antenna for my W205, traffic navigation. It is basically a windshield mount antenna that could be used for radio. It was $30 at Al & Eds

It was real easy to install
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Check out this thread about a hidden antenna I recently installed under my dash.

BTW, Alpine doesn't make an AM/FM antenna and their other antennas (GPS, XM, etc.) won't work for AM/FM.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I was wrong on the model number, its KAE-350FM

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KAE3...it.html?tp=148

It's actually used to receive the Navtec FM traffic broadcast, but can be used for FM reception as well. Not sure how it would work for AM. Not as stealth as the one you listed, but easy to install.