LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Coolant woes....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coolant woes....

Hey everyone, had my oil changed 30 min ago and my coolant overflow tank was tested.

The fluid was brown...it looked terrible...

I know there is an issue with the DexCool breaking down etc...but the car just turned over to 28000 miles.

So it does to the dealer tomorrow at noon...any idea why it might do this??

I read the other thread for i think it was properformer...red MCSS... anyway it just doesn't seem to be right...just wondering what the issue could be.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea mine turned to sludge and I had no heat, at first the dealer said it was the stop mleak packet that the factory installs in every engine. They were wrong the crap was caused by air to Dexcool contamination, where the air came from who knows. The dealer by this time was on my F__K you list for not doing anything but making life difficult for me and lots of other customers. their loss and happy unemployment to all of them.
My fix was a super flush of the system, at this time the packet/pill of stop leak then made itself known to me and the mechanic. Superflushed a second time ,rinsed well vacumed down the system and filled it with Preston LongLife Coolant. The cooling system, heater and all the fluid noises are no longer a problem.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Yea mine turned to sludge and I had no heat, at first the dealer said it was the stop mleak packet that the factory installs in every engine. They were wrong the crap was caused by air to Dexcool contamination, where the air came from who knows. The dealer by this time was on my F__K you list for not doing anything but making life difficult for me and lots of other customers. their loss and happy unemployment to all of them.
My fix was a super flush of the system, at this time the packet/pill of stop leak then made itself known to me and the mechanic. Superflushed a second time ,rinsed well vacumed down the system and filled it with Preston LongLife Coolant. The cooling system, heater and all the fluid noises are no longer a problem.
I flushed my coolant , cleaned the reservoir and used GM sealant tabs.
Mine had all the gunk i just did it as perventative maintence as its going to be sitting for 3 years.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey sint don't you have anyone at home to run it every once and a while during the storing period??

How do you guys feel about the whole Dexcool lawsuit and or about the coolant in general....