Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Creaking noise from da 10 bolt!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creaking noise from da 10 bolt!!

I have a 10 bolt with eaton posi and 3.73's. When the car is in neutral and starts to roll forwards or backwards, it make a slight creaking noise. It is like a synchronized noise though it happens at the same time everytime. If i roll forward in neutral at less the 5mph, it will make the noise every like 2-3 seconds, basically its happening in the same exact spot everytime. I dont think this is a gear problem because the rear isn't even engaged when it happens although it will happen just to same when the car is rolling in gear very slowly. I just want to know if its a axel, bearing, etc. Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be a warped rotor causing the caliper to slide back and forth making the cyclic creak sound. Bearings typically dont creak they growl, sounds like a roller skate with metal wheels. Does the brake pedal pulsate when braking at highway speed?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Launching!

no it doesn't pulsate. or i havent noticed, i will feel it tonight. it only happens at low speeds. thanks for the help and the pads and rotors have less then 5000 miles and i mostly downshift.