Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1 & LS1Tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1 & LS1Tech

Hi all,

Thought I should introduce myself since I'm now officially an LS1 owner...!

I used to have a 94 Formula M6 (which I still regret selling), but I've come back to the fold.

I got a 2001 T/A WS6 M6 w/32k miles on it. It's incredible! I forgot how much I LOVE muscle cars.

I've been lurking on LS1Tech for a few months trying to learn what mods are smart to do. I'd like to slowly build a somewhat reliable ( ) 450+ whp car, and I want it done right. I don't plan on doing any "free mods", but I want to spend intelligently.

I plan on doing intake and exhaust first (surprise surprise)...

So far I'm considering an MTI lid w/FTP's JAAM Kit. Going to stick with the stock IM, MAF, since I doubt I need anything crazy at this point.

I'm kind of stuck on exhaust though...I'd like to stay (kind of) emissions legal, enough just to pass the OBD-II scan (which is all AZ does). I was thinking about the QTP LT w/QTP (maybe) ORY, not sure if I'll change out the cat-back (which is a Magnaflow). I might just get the QTP LT and have my exhaust guy (who rocks!) fab up something custom from there back. I figure I'll have to 'tune-out' the rear O2's...don't know who to go to for that, I'm somewhat familiar with tuning programs, so maybe I'll just get a tuning setup and do it myself.

Thanks for the awesome site! and for all the help you've already provided and will provide in the future!
Colin

Last edited by CMurph; 12-09-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to the site
Old 12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Smile

Welcome 2 the site!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Teching In