Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location for nitrous bungs for direct port

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Location for nitrous bungs for direct port

Getting ready to hook up a nos fogger direct port kit for a buddy. I was curious if it matters where to drill for the nozzles? On the kit I have they're drilled right beside the injector but that is kinda tight with SVO injectors and aftermarket fuel rails. Is there any down side to moving the nozzles farther up on the intake? I was worried if they're moved up the nitrous/fuel could hit on the inside of the intake and not get a good mist down into the motor. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:47 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Location for nitrous bungs for direct port

You'll want them as close to the injector as you can. On the factory intake, the best/lowest spot you can get is about 1" up from the injector to the left on the bend. Take a look at my NX DP post and you'll see them. It's pretty much right where NX instructs you to put them.

Others have put the injectors up significantly higher / above the fuel rails. However, I think that this causes two unwanted side effects. The first is that you may not get a straight shot down into the port. The nozzles cone out the spray pattern, the further up the more opportunity the spray has to wash down the intake sidewalls. Some indications are that the higher up the nozzles are from the ports, the greater the initial shock to the motor, which is not necessarily a good thing.

Good luck