Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a civic, but lost to an SC300.. (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a civic, but lost to an SC300.. (Video)

The players:
1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass: New brakes, new front tires, broken emergency brake sensor, 3.1 V6
199X Lexus SC300: New tires, 2JZ 3.0 I6
199X Honda Civic: VTEC equipped and Red in color, that's all the information needed..

So the other night, some dudes and I decide we want to break out the race cars and get some runs in, but the fuzz was way too hot in Austin, so we decided to cruise on down to Southern Mexico where they're building some brand new highways made of rubber for unlimited traction. Apparently they're planning on connecting Mexico to Brazil for some unknown reasons . We trailer up the cars and head on South, experiencing some crazy **** on the way there (,,, )

We get to a nice big parking lot to unload the cars, and start setting up runs. The Lexus wants that signature 2JZ 60 roll, and the Civic agrees, being traction impaired himself, but my American muscle car shines from down low, so I demand a dig and nothing higher. After some negotiations () we agree to meet in the middle and do a 40 roll for $500, heads up, no bullshit . Little do they know that a 40 roll puts me in low 2nd gear, which is my sweet spot . We hit the road and line them up. Three honks and we're off! The Lexus spins horribly , while my brand new tires (installed that day) bit the **** out of the pavement, shattering the ground beneath me and really testing my transaxle with the gobs of torque being shoved into it. His Supra heritage shone through though, catching and passing me on the big end... The Civic's VTEC was turned off the first run, attempting to make it more of a fair race (thank God), but he was asleep at the hit, getting left in exhaust fumes . So far I've only heard stories of his runs with VTEC on, because the attempted videos taken tend to implode from the vortex caused by the VTEC activation at 10k rpms. Although, after the first run, he was forced to throw the VTEC on, because he was unfortunately chased by 11 Highway Patrol cars and 2 Helicopters for 4 and a half hours through 2 countries , which is why he didn't make the turnaround for the second run. He got away, thankfully, actually averaging about 33 mpg during the chase . The pursuers had to stop for gas . The Lexus and I hit the turnaround and line up again at 40 mph. He turns on his Turbonator, and as he honks he brake boosts the **** out of me, jumping ahead and pulling hard, I could not reel him in. After leaving me for dead, he exited and headed back to the trailers. In hindsight I really should've hit the nitrous (at least 1 kit, right?), but I was just way too scared to blow up the new motor. We get back to the trailers, and call the Civic guy to see if he was doing ok. He asked us if we wanted anything from McDonalds, apparently he had stopped there while being pursued. He brought me back a McRib . All in all it was a great night. I lost $1000, but the memories made that night were well worth it

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzxylil3z_4

Actually, this is what happens when your race cars are broken, lol. The other guys have low 11 second cars that were down for repairs, and my slow Camaro's tranny was waiting on my poor *** to fix it. The video really helps you appreciate your car lol. It was some intense races and I'm honestly surprised the cops didn't hassle us on the way back to the meet after the runs. Apparently you could hear the engines roaring for miles.

Sorry if you thought this thread would be interesting, please leave your paypal address and I'll refund you 5 minutes of your life
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my god is that 300 fast...

hahaha.. you have too much time on your hands..
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

did you reallt bet 500 per race and lose 1000 or you just bs'in.

and did the honda actually get chased by the cops and helicopters?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Launching!

vtech vortex...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn jibby smoked you guys!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Soo. . you can go ahead and paypal me back my 5 minutes when you get the chance. Thanks!