Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Coil Covers or relocation kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Covers or relocation kits

Looking to do some cleaning up of my engine bay. I would just like some thoughts on the 2 ideas i posted in the subject.

Ive seen some very nice covers in my searching, and some nice relocation pics.. however I have no clue where everyone got their stuff lol.

From all the searching ive found that thunder racing offers some kit that moves the coils up near the intake.. and some other people had some made but I couldnt figure out who made them.

Also who makes the covers? I would like some covers that say either camaro or SS on them, and paint them myself.

I know there is a ton of threads out there with peoples pics of their setup but most dont say where they got their stuff from. Just looking for some aid in finding some vendors that I can browse for both ideas. Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thunder Racing used to have the relocation kits,
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&sid=185#P2259

Watch the For Sale ads, as there have been some there once in a while.

If you want the fuel rail covers to show 'Camaro' or 'SS', you'll have to paint them yourself anyway. You won't buy them that way. They are all custom made to order.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2831...32867553FcjCCH
PM coming with info, ...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah neat i didnt see those relocation kits. Im thinking of going the fuel rail cover route ( thanks for telling me what they are actually called haha ).

If i go the relocation way, I will want to paint my valve covers.

If i go the covers, I will just paint match those to my intake and leave the coils and valve covers alone... 2nd one seems easier and cleaner, hiding all the wires and hoses.

Quick Reply: Coil Covers or relocation kits