Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did Yella Terra come from???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where did Yella Terra come from???

Where did this company come from? What kind of background? Do they have a website, or is it some fly by night company?

Im still trying to decide between the new Comp Pro Mag rockers and the YTs. I know the racing background and experience Comp has (cant base it on the LS1 valve springs because EVERY company is having problems with them ), but I know nothing and have never heard of YT.

Anyone?!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Where did Yella Terra come from???

Click here....
Old 09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Yella Terra are an Aussie company that have been manufacturing rocker arms, flywheels, cylinder heads, conrods etc for over 30 years here.

"Dyno" Dave Bennett is the owner of the company and his racing pedigree goes back to the mid 60's...

The name Yella Terra comes from the cylinder heads he modified and painted yellow...the term Yellow Terror was coined for their performance at the time by other racers- it was shortened to Yella Terra and adopted by Dave as the company name.

Yella Terra do a nice job. As any manufacturer they have occasional quality control issues with out source suppliers but in the whole get it right 99% of the time.

Fly by night? Naaa.

http://www.yellaterra.com.au/index.php
Old 09-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure Comp or Jessel rockers would be top notch, but you can't beat Yella Terra for the cost. The only drawback is they are not adjustable, but you really don't need that on a LS1 with hydralic lifters anyway. I've given mine a pretty good workout, with absolutely no problems. Install was cake also. YT rockers are a great product IMO.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:37 PM

I have a set of Jesel's for sale that would work great on your car...They are approx 3 months old since installed on the car...Look in the sales for my screen name...These are 1.7 ratio and in mint condition....
Old 09-29-2003, 07:41 AM

Sweet.. Thats guys

The new Pro Mags are adjustable which is always a plus especially when you use the Comp R lifter (like I have) and they are rebuildable and carry a lifetime warrenty againt body breakage Uggg... I still undecided

BadZ... I didnt think the Jesels fit under the valve cover? and theres no way I buying spacers for $250 lol
Old 09-29-2003, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love my new YT rockers so far. Install was straightforward and easy. They are a very well machined piece that has been thought out. Another added plus is they fit under the stock valve covers with no need for a $250 spacer!!!!!!With my valvetrain setup it's pretty darn quiet.