Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sirius Radio Help!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Radio Help!?!?

So i installed a Alpine H.U that i bought off another forum member, I hooked everything up and to my surprise the Sirius Radio was receiving channels, i figured this would be temporary and i had to work on the car some more so i let it fly. However after hearing stations for about a week i hear nothing now, i figured either the h.u was deleted from the account or the subscription ended, or so i thought. I had to unplug the battery to work on the car and now I can't get anything out of my Sirius, I can't even hear the preview channel? Is this because it still trying to pick up the old account? I want to subscribe but if i can't hear the preview channel then i don't know if its even working properly...

is there anyway to reset the h.u and or receiver? or has anyone delt with an issue like this. everything was working fine before the battery was unplugged, all the connections are good, i dont understand it. I can't get the h.u to update the channels

I have the Alpine CDA 9857 and a SIR-KEN1 Sirius receiver
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i figured it out, the subscription ended and i needed to get my own

however for future reference, not all radio get the Sirius preview channel, as said in the directions. If this happens to you, you may want to still subscribe and then test it again, if you have any further problems, its probably installation error