Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure loss with nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel pressure loss with nitrous

My car does not pick up MPH like it should on a 150HP wet shot. It goes from 90MPH to 99MPH in the eight and from 116 to 122 in the quarter (i only sprayed it twice since it did not feel right on 110 octane)

I just put bottle and fuel pressure gauges to see which i was losing or if they were OK i would look into the tune.

On the motor fuel pressure is a constant 55 PSI. When i sprayed the car it dropped down to 40 PSI and stayed there until i lifted (just wanted to make sure it did not recover from the initial hit)

My car is a mustang conversion.

High pressure Walbro 255
3/8ths metal pickup
-6 steel braid from pickup to Corvette Fuel Filter
- 3/8ths metal line coming out of the filter for about 8 inches to -6 steel braid up to 98 Trans Am fuel rail
-6 steel braid return from filter to stock 5/16 metal fuel fitting on pickup
i am using the Quick connect fitting adapters that have -6 male ends
Fuel supply to the Noid is from the factory schraeder port at the front of the rail
Fuel pressure gauge is sourced at the fitting going into the fuel feed at the rail
I am using the stock mustang wiring for power at the pump

The motor is a 98 with a TSP225 and exhaust. It only puts down 322RWHP so its nothing crazy.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pump will probably support your power level, if it is under 550rwhp.
Is this an external pump? If so you should have a bigger line from the tank to pump.

Assuming your pump is in good condition, you are seeing a pressure drop based the line restriction & the fact your regulator (filter) is rear mounted. You should consider a rail mounted regulator & return line from the front.