Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Avic-f700

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avic-f700

Anyone actually install one of these? Ive seen a few D3s installed in an f-body but never a new F series. I just got an F700 and can't get it in the dash. I trimmed the opening and took out the vertical brace on the back of the radio tray. My issue is that its still sticking out almost 2 inches. The vent above it is stopping it. I don't know if the dimensions of the F700s are different then the D3's but I read that the radio tray did not need to be cut out. Anyway I'm just seeing if anyone has actually done this before I go cutting out the radio tray.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post pics so the few of us who have installed the d3 can help you. It should fit the same as the d3 considering it is a universal size.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill post some pics of mine that i installed just a few weeks ago... ill have to take some pics of it, will post them up tonight. I had to make custom brackets out of sheet metal to make it fit and cut the dash bezel also. on the sides I cut a sheet of abs and filled the opening with that, didnt want to mess with bondo.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Heres some bad pictures, it was dark and all I had was my phone. I'll take some better ones tomorrow. As you can see I still have the radio tray still in. I cut out the vertical bracing on the back of the tray, and cut the dash opening to fit the unit. As you can also see the issue I'm having is the unit hitting the ducting above it. If I cut the tray out it would allow me to lower and angle to unit fit. So what I'm wondering is if the rest of you kept the tray.
PS- I know my antenna wire isn't hooked up.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Ahhh bummer, I was hoping to get an F700 myself and get it fitted in there by just trimming the bezel piece. Please post pix when you figure out how to make it work...I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product.