Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what short torque arm to use with true duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what short torque arm to use with true duals

I have an A4 395ls6 in a 98 trans am. I am planning on running a gear vendors overdrive unit on the trans so that will require me to run a short torque arm since the space is occupied by the gearvendors unit. The only problem is that I have true duals and would like to keep them. Other than the Jegster/GMS torque arm are there any other short torque arms out there that I can run true duals with that don't bolt to the trans tunnel?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Global West's torque arm. I was just looking at the pics yesterday and it's bracketry doesn't cross the tunnel. Just google them.

Vernon
Old 12-28-2008, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Jegster and it really went in alot quicker than I thought it would. I didnt clear out the whole interior just took the center console out and that was good enough. No noise and seems to work great.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is currently equiped with the Jegster torque arm on my other car. I was just wondering if BMR or any other big name companies have a set up that could work better. I really dont like the fact that you have to drill into the trans tunnel several times. thanks for the help.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i offer a tunnel mounted torque arm specifically for the true duals on the 93-02 f body. chromemoly adjustable torque arm with adjustable height pivot link. pivot link is poly bushed at the crossmember for noise-free operation. bolt-in setup... no drilling required.

Quick Reply: what short torque arm to use with true duals