Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Swap 110mph gauge for 150mph gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swap 110mph gauge for 150mph gauge?

Im wanting to get rid of of the factory 110mph gauge cluster, and swap in a 150mph gauge cluster. I remember seeing a thread about this a few years ago, but I cant find it. Does anybody have any tips about how to do this? Whats involved,etc? Any help would be great!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyinZ
Im wanting to get rid of of the factory 110mph gauge cluster, and swap in a 150mph gauge cluster. I remember seeing a thread about this a few years ago, but I cant find it. Does anybody have any tips about how to do this? Whats involved,etc? Any help would be great!
im not sure how to do it ...

but why not get the 220mph gauge cluster's that they make, or something similar?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

I didnt know they made a 220 gauge..Plus, my car would never do that speed.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

It's really pretty easy. I have swapped clusters b/c my gas gauge was retarded.

It is two phillips head screws to get the first piece off. Then 4 8mm? bolts to remove the cluster. The biggest pain in the *** is getting the cluster out with the plastic bezel on. You have to twist it down then out sideways. Make sure you have the wheel tilted all the way down as far as possible. I am holding the wheel all the way down the entire time. When you put the new cluster back you can put the cluster in first then place the plastic bezel in second. This makes it 1000x easier then taking it off. The first time I removed everything it took like 45mins. Now I can do it in like 10 mins.

One issue you are going to have is the AIRBAG light. From what I have read you need to take the car to a Dealer and have them reset it with TECH2. One last thing to remember is that the new cluster will show a different mileage than your original cluster. The mileage for our cars is stored in the cluster.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

I hope your right, with how easy it is,lol. Thats ok, with the air bag light coming on..That was one of the bulbs, that I was going to remove, along with 2 other bulbs that need removed. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Swap 110mph gauge for 150mph gauge?