PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

LC-1 issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LC-1 issue

I installed an LC-1 this weekend and I'm having some trouble reading the data. I used the serial connection, ran new power/ground wires from the ignition/block and soldered all connections. At first everything worked flawlessly, I configured my V2 and was reading the AFR.

After 30 minutes or so it stopped giving a serial signal to my V2. I tried to connect to the controller with the LM Programmer software and it's unable to connect from that either. The LED on the LC-1 warms up and then goes on steady like its working. Any ideas? I'm going to call innovative on Monday but I'd like to get it working this weekend.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the terminator come loose? If you have no coms with the serial that is the first place I would check. They can come to a point where they are not fully seated.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Doc,

The term plug is in firmly. One thing though - when I was trying to get it in at first (tight fit) the black plastic part kind of separated from the connector. I re-seated it and it was working fine. After it stopped working completely I removed the metal connector from the plastic and plugged it in directly, still nothing. Is my term plug hosed? I can't see if it''s just connecting all ends together or if it had a resistor or something attached to it.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The terminator acts as a short. If you have no desire to ever daisy chain another LC-1 then cut the connector off and solder the wires together and no more need for the terminator.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

That's what I thought - I may do that because one LC-1 is plenty.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Doc.

Found the problem - The terminator plug was bad.

For anyone else having serial communication issues with the LC-1 – Take a look at the attached wiring diagram.

The terminator should have continuity between the tip and ring. If not, you will need to pull the metal plug out of the plastic housing and re-solder the two points. Once you have removed the connector from the plastic housing, you can use your test tool to verify the points that need to be soldered.

You can also just cut the serial in cable and solder the two wired together like Doc said, but then the warranty is void (Per Innovative Support).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LC-1_Diagram.pdf (43.6 KB, 102 views)