Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys feel about Edelbrock's Nitrous system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you guys feel about Edelbrock's Nitrous system?

I'm spending a boat load of money on my car over the winter. It's getting S2 Heads (not sure from who yet, but it will be a sponsor) and a TR224 on a 112LSA. This is of course, unless Thunder releases their new cams before then. A new 12 bolt rear is going in, haven't decided on 3.73s or 4.10s yet, carbon fiber driveshaft, and a few more bolt ons under the hood. It's a street car driven to the track a few times during the spring and summer.

I'll also be adding a little laughing gas just for fun. Nothing big probably a 100-125 shot, used very rarely. Was thinking about going with the Edelbrock system, I haven't done nearly enough research yet, but I just wanted to see what you guys' thoughts were. I'll be on searching through past posts the next couple of weeks, so what do you guys think? Feel free to shed some light on all this, thanks,
Rob
Old 10-02-2003, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do you guys feel about Edelbrock's Nitrous system?

Eh???????
Look, Edelbrock is a fine company. I wont bash on them. But you wont find too many recommendation on here for thier nitrous kits. Why you ask? Everyone is usually NOS, NX or TNT faithful. I love my TNT F1. Glad I spent the extra dough for it. Other guys will tell you the same thing about thier favorite brands.

I just like a nitrous kit that is tested in the actual application its going in too. Edelbrock makes alot of generic kits that are not LS1 Specific. That right there puts me off, but like I said....when it comes to nitrous, most people are very loyal to thier favorite brand.

Hope I didnt muddy the waters too much.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:05 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No not at all, any help at all is appreciated. Edelbrock does have an LS1 specific kit, but it's a dry system. From what I understand, the way to go on our cars is wet. NX makes a wet system if I'm not mistaken, have people had good results through them? I'm going to go look at TNT right now...
Thanks again,
Rob
Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hot ticket that many are looking to is the direct port Edelbrock/Glidden Series 2 or Series 1. If your looking for a direct port system that is easy to tune and is not killing parts look no further because many racers are looking to these two kits. The new design of the E2 and E1 nozzle is supposed to atomize fuel before it enters the nitrous producing a better mixture.

Very nice kit and is making huge power for Billy Glidden.

Good Luck