Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Got a few questions about a possible new project looking for opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a few questions about a possible new project looking for opinions...

I appreciate any and all feedback. I am going back and forth on what I would like to do so I thought I would just layout some of the options and ask what you all think would be best. I've pm'd some of you already for opinions but thought I would open this up to a larger audience.

For any project you need to layout you limitations for a build. So here are mine:

1) Need to reuse my ETP 245 (4" Chamber Bore, 68cc Chamber). No reason they couldn't be reworked, which is an options, but I'm going to dump them as they cost too damn much to dump for something new.

2) Build has to use pump gas 91-93 Octane. I move a lot and do not want to have barrels of race gas to carry around with me or worry about where I need to get some.

3) Whether N/A or FI (SC, Turbo, Nitrous) the build has to be reliable. I know reliability is in the eye of the beholder just like with what stall converter is streetable, but I don't build engines so I don't want a setup that I have to worry about wrenching on after every trip to the strip.

4) Like to keep it all under $15,000 (would include building a 9" SRA setup).

5) No less than 550rwhp available on tap at all times. Important because I'm not happy with the 490rwhp I am running around with now. Sure I have 630rwhp on the gas but I only use it at the track. So this is a very specific reason for me even deciding to do something different.

6) Build has to be good for mid 9's in the 1/4th.

7) Build can be aggressive, I'm not worried about streetability so long as I can drive at least 150 miles on the street without a trailer....so I'm pretty liberal on this.
So those are my limitations for the build...left and right limits if you will.

Here are the options I have been looking at:

Options:

1) I for sure want to do the following even if I do nothing else:
- 9" MOSER SRA with tubbing the rear for at least 345's.
- No engine work I just stick with my current setup and tear it down this winter to make sure it is all happy on the inside after this last season.

2) LSX 434 Block 600rwhp N/A and built to handle 300 shot
- Requires fuel system upgrade
- Still would do the SRA setup
- Might want to do a custom sheet metal intake with direct port or direct port my Fast 90

3) Use my block rebuilt for FI and go custom TT setup
- SRA setup
- Requires sheet metal intake for my hood
- Requires new pistons or machine my current pistons (what is the reliability of machining my current set?) to get the CR down from current 11.7:1
- Custom TT setup using Precision Turbo's (I can get a great deal on them as well as price for the setup from a friend)

4) Use my block rebuilt for FI and go either Procharger or TVS or TPE KB (WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK)
- SRA setup
- Requires sheet metal intake for my hood (optional depending on FI used)
- Requires new pistons or machine my current pistons to get the CR down (what is the reliability of machining my current set?)
So what do you all think, give me your thoughts.

Last edited by Fast GTO; 01-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.