Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tapin the revlimiter

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tapin the revlimiter

Ok I HAVEN"T done this, but i thought i'd check with you guys to see what'd happen. Just got my NX kit hooked up, and the window switch is actin kinda funny (a connection somewhere) so I took it outa line. IF, and thats a big IF, I was to tap the limiter, what would happen (on the spray obviously). Obviously it wouldn't be good, but would I blow sh*t up?
Old 10-04-2003, 02:04 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: tapin the revlimiter

I've always heard that it would be bad, so I do my best not to, but I've done it a couple times. Once, nothing happened. The second time, I just had a loud *** backfire, but everything was fine. I THINK it's alright as long as you only bounce it once. Of course, you wouldn't wanna just hold it on the limiter. If you accidentily hit it, just let out as soon as you realize it. You should be fine. Still, of course, it would be better to not hit it at all.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:16 AM
TECH Junkie

the prob is your fuel shuts off causing some real lean times so its best not to hit it beacouse from what ive heard you can damage your motor the first time but thats not to say you cant get luckly and surive it too ...but all in all its a bad idea and at any rate its exssesive abuse even if you dont destroy your **** it wears it alot hey MAPLE HOWS YOUR TRANNY HOLDING UP ??
Old 10-05-2003, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have Harlans... but for some reason my tach signal is cutting in and out...which means my nitrous kit cuts in and out.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

hey MAPLE HOWS YOUR TRANNY HOLDING UP ??
Tranny is holding up just fine. Never had a problem or thrown a code for ANYTHING. I think I've been lucky.

Just about every buddy of mine that has a T56 has had problems. I'm GLAD I got an auto.

Why do you ask anyway? Having problems??
Old 10-06-2003, 09:45 AM
7 Second Club

Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I have Harlans... but for some reason my tach signal is cutting in and out...which means my nitrous kit cuts in and out.
Same problem my roommate and I have had with Harlan's window switch. Just removed my roommate's since he has an auto and I swapped mine for an MSD. I don't think it is the tach signal itself, I think it is the unit.