LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Suspension question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension question...

Can upgrading your suspension give you any gains if you are already deadhooking?

I have no traction issues, but I have zero suspension mods and my shocks are shot.

Could I see any gains with newer shocks even?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you must be seriously down on power if you are dead hooking with stock suspension. Either that or you have some really really stick tires. If your shocks are shot replace them that's a no brainer
Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Well any details on the car? Prefferably e.t.'s... Im hooking and lifting the wheels up off the ground a few inches with stock suspension(w/ exception of SFC's) and i was told that keeping the car from lifting(something like QA1 front and rear coilovers is what has been recomended to me...) and having sfc's to stop chassis flexing can result in more power to the ground vs. using it to lift up and twistin the chassis. sounds right but dont see to much gain for it unless you are makin big power and these symptoms are causing you some major problems...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya i'm with you i was completely stock suspension running 1.8x short times with an ET street.... I plan on doing some suspension this winter and this season just to meet my goals of pulling a wheel or two.

My opinion is that ya u may be dead hooking but you are more that likely gettin ALOT of weight transfer which may be slowing you down a bit simply because you are wasting time as your car prolly squats severely, while that is good for hooking it is wasted energy as you are squating THEN launching forward when you want to not waste the time and just launch... Get what i'm sayin?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
My opinion is that ya u may be dead hooking but you are more that likely gettin ALOT of weight transfer which may be slowing you down a bit simply because you are wasting time as your car prolly squats severely, while that is good for hooking it is wasted energy as you are squating THEN launching forward when you want to not waste the time and just launch... Get what i'm sayin?
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking may be happening. Which is why I asked this question in the first place.

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
you must be seriously down on power if you are dead hooking with stock suspension.
Well, I'm running 13.1@102.6 in a stalled auto in AZ at DA 1700' (1.82 60')
So, I'm where I should be with my "minimal" mods.

Oh and it's with ET streets.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya thats exactly how i was running, weight transfer like hell and it was bassically a stalled lt1 with et streets, hooked like hell but the *** end dropping way to much so i got rear shocks, and gonna get a torque arm, LCA's, and the spohn drag bar to keep my launches straight and not a **** ton off weight transfer but should still hook perfect.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My UMI set up is a dream

Quick Reply: Suspension question...