Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

just wondering if im goin in the right direction with my build
im getting ls2 heads, an ls2 intake manifold, 90mm throttle body, 36lb 380cc fuel injectors, i havent picked out which headers im getting yet, and ive been searching for 3.73 gears.

im in japan, and i get back to the states in july, i have someone to do the work on the car but im kinda stuck on what to buy. i plan on eventually putting a turbo on the car but nothing too extreme, i would like to have it be a turbo DD in the near future.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your going turbo in the future save the money. Headers will not work with a turbo stup.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28man9
just wondering if im goin in the right direction with my build
im getting ls2 heads, an ls2 intake manifold, 90mm throttle body, 36lb 380cc fuel injectors, i havent picked out which headers im getting yet, and ive been searching for 3.73 gears.

im in japan, and i get back to the states in july, i have someone to do the work on the car but im kinda stuck on what to buy. i plan on eventually putting a turbo on the car but nothing too extreme, i would like to have it be a turbo DD in the near future.
Originally Posted by conan
If your going turbo in the future save the money. Headers will not work with a turbo stup.
+1 man... your kinda going the wrong direction.. do some more research...

no headers... buy some 317 heads.. no reason to get that big of an intake side.. a simple ls6 intake and ported TB will do just fine.. get a fuel pump.. if you want a cam on a budget get an ls6...

just search man..

and keep in mind.. if your doing N/A or nitrous that is a COMPLETE different setup and route than a S/C or turbo car.. 90% of the parts will be different.. and some will matter more on each build where some might not have to be touched..
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Teching In

thanks for the help
Old 01-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Banned

no problem man...

also, here is some good reads..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-up-faqs.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...turbo-faq.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...induction.html