Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

If you changed ur fuel pump, come in. GOT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you changed ur fuel pump, come in. GOT?

My brother tried to help pull my fuel tank off, He is the one that pulled the lines from the pump. The problem is that he cant remember how they went back. This is how i put them. The numbers on the lines correspond with where i put them. Are they correct? Also in the last pic, what is this circled hose , and does it go to anything? I thought it was for evap. thanks
Attached Thumbnails If you changed ur fuel pump, come in. GOT?-gas-3.jpg   If you changed ur fuel pump, come in. GOT?-gas-4.jpg   If you changed ur fuel pump, come in. GOT?-gas-2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

You are right about the evap... and most of connector ends are designed to fit uniquely and it'd be tough to match them up the wrong way. Not 100% sure your setup is right, but I'd think it is.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Teching In

do a google search for "GM Evap Canister" under webpages and images
i am having the same issues
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that is alot different from a 98
Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not really worried about the evap line, i dont think that plugs to anything. What i really want , is for sombody to look at my pics and tell me if the fuel lines are in the right spots. (return-Supply And all that) I just cant believe that nobody knows by looking at the pic if it is correct or not. Cant even find a pic of the fuel tank connected on the internet anywhere. I have had this and a similar post up for about a beek , and nobody seems to know if its correct. Cant believe such a small issue that could have been prevented, if i had done it myself, is keeping me from putting my car together. Somebody please tell me from looking at the pics, Is it connected right? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im gonna lose my mind.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

The pressure and return are different sizes (on mine at least) and can't be put on wrong. The pic looks right to me because the lines don't look like they would easily hook up reversed. but...Even if they are reversed it will still work because the return reg is in the tank. Fuel leaves the tank and goes through the three way block by the left LCA, from there it either goes to the engine or a part of it returns to the tank through the reg. By my thinking, even if the lines were the same and could be hooked up backwards it would not matter.

Re'