General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clutch slipping or rearend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch slipping or rearend?

I have a 00' t/a ws6(making somewhere around 350-370rwhp). So I was out the other day and attempted a burnout(not a launch). Everything seemed normal except my car usually slides to one side in a burnout, and something was just off. So I stopped and drove off and could smell that I have burnt the clutch pretty bad. Soon went back and noticed that only the passenger side tire had spun. Now (2 days later) my clutch is kinda acting up, it is hard to shift in to all gears especially reverse, and the clutch engages with the pedal like barely off the floor... NEED HELP. dont want to do more damage..
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

as far as only spining one tire that sounds like a problem with the rear, as for having trouble shifting gears check the slave cylinder first before moving on to the clutch.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man i hope its not the rearend
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

How many miles do you have on your clutch? Is the clutch stock? If you have quite a few miles on it while your replacing your Slave cylinder go ahead and do a Clutch and Tick Performance master. Guaranteed to fix all of your shifting problems. As for the rear end you probably should start saving for a 12bolt, s60, or 9 in. The 10 bolt is not worth rebuilding.