Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration noise from valve cover? underneath?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration noise from valve cover? underneath?

Ok, Let me start off with I had a tick coming from the drivers side of the car. I figured it was a damaged spring/rocker. So I took off the valve cover to take a look for a bent pieces and found nothing, I put everything back together and now there is a Vibration noise instead of a tick, or is loud enough to drown out the tick. Any ideas?? I tired loosening the valve cover and slightly tightening and that wasn't it, so i am clue less. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks

Also, I didn't touch the rockers, springs or anything under the cover. this is the reason i am dumbfounded.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Vibration noise from valve cover? underneath?

I had a gauled lifter that made that sound. use a stethescope and check your plugs.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Vibration noise from valve cover? underneath?

...pull the rockers first and check to see if any of the push rods are bent....also check for broken springs...

is this a stock car?

Another common problem is bad rockers that tend to spill their needle bearings inside your engine...

...if all this junk checks out OK, you might suspect the lifters... this requires removal of the intake and heads...

Quick Reply: Vibration noise from valve cover? underneath?