LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need to buy Schrader Valve Cap...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to buy Schrader Valve Cap...

Hey guys anyone know where i can find a schrader valve cap? anyone have one laying around? Can anyone do me a huge favor and get one from a junk yard, or anything? I could paypal anyone a little bit of money for one. I lost mine on the tear down and the motor is almost ready to start it up and i'll need one of these before i can do so. I'm desperate... haha

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
Hey guys anyone know where i can find a schrader valve cap? anyone have one laying around? Can anyone do me a huge favor and get one from a junk yard, or anything? I could paypal anyone a little bit of money for one. I lost mine on the tear down and the motor is almost ready to start it up and i'll need one of these before i can do so. I'm desperate... haha

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks!
LOL, you dont NEED one to run the car, it's just a dust sheild. Use a vacuum cap like I recommended.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Rockauto sells them for like .80 cents
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hah We JUST had this silly thread As said, not needed, it's just a dirt cover. heh I remember someone on, well here I think, who said that those caps are SO important! That with out them, they (any shrader valve) will leak and are DESIGNED that way >_> And the cap is there to prevent that from happening. Poor guy was sincere too, he got flamed and was left a smoldering heap of the man he once was

Use a vacuum cap if you need, just something to cover it. I said it in the other thread though, if you want a nicer one, TPIs used aluminum caps!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry guys, the impression i got from the other thread is that i would need one. nevermind lol i'll just try to come across one whenever i can.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Formula350
hah We JUST had this silly thread As said, not needed, it's just a dirt cover. heh I remember someone on, well here I think, who said that those caps are SO important! That with out them, they (any shrader valve) will leak and are DESIGNED that way >_> And the cap is there to prevent that from happening. Poor guy was sincere too, he got flamed and was left a smoldering heap of the man he once was

Use a vacuum cap if you need, just something to cover it. I said it in the other thread though, if you want a nicer one, TPIs used aluminum caps!
I thought the caps were what held the air in your tires...

KIDDING

Quick Reply: Need to buy Schrader Valve Cap...