LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help fuel problem

last night the car had over heated then cooled down it was the electric water pump. Then after having it on for a bit it turned off and i have no fuel psi at all on the gauge the pump is new i can hear it still working. i opened it to check and it was good. what do you think it can be fuel filter, regulator is a holley. or the fuel thing.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you try resetting the pcm?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by txbanditswraith
last night the car had over heated then cooled down it was the electric water pump. Then after having it on for a bit it turned off and i have no fuel psi at all on the gauge the pump is new i can hear it still working. i opened it to check and it was good. what do you think it can be fuel filter, regulator is a holley. or the fuel thing.
So you have a gauge hooked up the schrader valve on the rail and you are getting zero fuel pressure? If so and you are sure that the pump is actually turning on, and you still have no pressure, then most likely your pump is bad or your regulator is bad. Usually a dirty fuel filter will give you low psi, not zero. But if you haven't changed it in a while, you might as well do it to see if it helps, it's only like 12 bucks. Pull the vacuum line off of the regulator. If you see or smell fuel coming out of it, then the diaphragm of the regulator is bad and you need a new one.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Teching In

yea i have a guage hooked up there. i turn the key and i hear the pump its some what new only like 40 miles on it. ill change the filter too. if its the regulator which one should i get this car was parted for like 9 months so i bought the new fuel pump. the regulator was already on the car. so its pretty old too.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by txbanditswraith
yea i have a guage hooked up there. i turn the key and i hear the pump its some what new only like 40 miles on it. ill change the filter too. if its the regulator which one should i get this car was parted for like 9 months so i bought the new fuel pump. the regulator was already on the car. so its pretty old too.
Just get a replacement regulator from AZ.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Teching In

alright thanks