Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help engine has no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help engine has no power

I have had this happen twice now. Last night and then this morning. I am driving along on the freeway and the engine will lose power, basically will not have any power over 2200 rpms or so. last night It gave me a check engine light after I nursed it off the freeway, the check engine light went off this moring( and it was running normally) but I took it to a shop anyway to pullcodes and it had tripped a faulty MAF but was running fine. I drove it home, cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner tand reinstalled. Jumped on the freeway to go to work and had the same thing happen (Power dropped to down and can rev into higher rpms and have to get off the gas to get the tranny to shift. The engine and tranny were installed last year and have been running fine untill now. When I had the issue this morning I did not get the check engine light.

I am not sure where to start. It does have an old cat but the shop was going to see if it rattled and I am not sure it was. Maybe a clogged cat, but I think they (my shop) would not be out test drivign it right now if that was the case.

Any ideas as to wear to start?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spark plug wires.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just throwing this out there.... Reminds me of a problem I once had with my cat sensors. From what I was told, the PCM goes into survival mode when it cant' compute what the correct A/F ratio is.

Just a thought.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a clogged cat to me, if you're running them. They will sometimes throw a p0101.