Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with and LS1 in a 1965-70 Chevy B-Body?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with and LS1 in a 1965-70 Chevy B-Body?

I have a 2 door 1965 Chevy Belair. My best friends son totalled his 1999 LS1 4l60e Camaro and I have first bids on the engine trans. etc. Before I make the 15 hour drive to go and pick up the car, I need to know a little more about what I am getting myself into. I know that I have to get an in tank fuel pump and that I have to get a wiring diagram or purchase a new harness made for the swap, I know the computer needs to be reprogammed. What I need to know is do I need to swap oil pans? If so which one do I use? Will I have to notch the frame? Will the factory serpentine setup work? If not which setup do you suggest? Are there any other things I should consider? By the way the engine and trans have a little over 60,000 miles and the only thing done was a K&N filter. My belair is a six cylinder, what motor mounts do you recommend I use?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need an in-tank fuel pump. If you use a fuel cell which I suggest in place of the stock one in your belair, you can use an external electrical inline fuel pump and external fuel regulator along with nice fuel filter and be fine.

Quick Reply: Anyone with and LS1 in a 1965-70 Chevy B-Body?