Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 custom(bare bones) wiring harness and reprog computer, work with other LX motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR4 custom(bare bones) wiring harness and reprog computer, work with other LX motors?

Here's my problem. I've got a 2000 or 2001 LR4(4.8L) trimmed down to bare bones(no electronic throttle, no electronic trans, no rear 02s) and it has some really nasty electrical gremlins. I'm going to try to hunt down the culprit but if it ends up being computer or engine related, I'm considering dropping in something larger. 5.3L, 5.7L, 6.0L.

Heck, even if I fix the problem, next year I might just drop in a 6.0L

I'm curious if the wiring harnesses between the different Gen III engines are compatible and if you could potentially take a 4.8L or 5.3L computer and reprogram it to run a 6.0L and visa-versa.

I saw some posts about just pulling the sensors off the existing engine and dropping them on the new ones. guessing that would work. perhaps it just comes down to whether the computer could be reprogrammed to run a completely different engine? guess I'm also asking if I could pull a 5.3L computer off a silverado or something and reprogram it to run this engine?

Quick Reply: LR4 custom(bare bones) wiring harness and reprog computer, work with other LX motors?