Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions/Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions/Ideas?

So recently I've been thinking about getting a couple of things for my Z. 1 - I need new tires pretty badly. I've got Kuhmo Ecstas on there now (P275 40zr17s) and they are pretty bald. I have inspection coming up sometime this month, as soon as I get the tires and I'm not sure which way I should go. I've been doing tons of reading on here and so far I'm torn between the Nitto 555r's, bfg's or some tire made by General... I'm not sure which way to go as of now and I need to decide soon. I'd like to get some that are no more than $150 a piece. I just wanted to see what you guys think would be my best bet, whether its those that I've listed or something different. Keep in mind that my car is pretty much stock (Slowmaster cat-back). I don't really drive too hard but I definately want something that will be able to hook when I need them to. How they handle in rain/snow doesn't matter to me since I try not to drive in those conditions. Suggestions?

Now, for the second - exhaust. I have a couple ideas for this already in my head but the small details is what is killing me. First off, I need my car to be legal since it's my DD. EGR, A.I.R., CATS, all need to stay. I live in central Pennsylvania so I'm pretty sure I can get away LT's as long as I keep all the emission equipment. So here's where it gets interesting. I saw some guys on here with the CME and I love the look. I am dead set on running this on my car but the price is probably going to be supremely high. What I'm looking at doing now is getting some emission compatible LT's, preferably stainless steel. I'd like to have those run into some high flow CATS and those into an H pipe (I've heard these sound better than the X). Now this is the part where I need some help. As of now, I just have a flowmaster Cat-back on (came with the car) and I want my exhaust to be louder than it is with this on but not so loud that I'll get pulled over for it. I've gone to LS1sounds and listened to most of the clips there but they really don't do any justice because it's not the same as hearing it in person. I would like my car to sound kind of throaty, almost like the 4.6 Mustangs sound like (admit it, they sound pretty nice) and I don't really want any rasp. I've read and searched for hours on here so it's not like I'm just posting without looking, I just want to hear some opinions on how I should get this setup to work to my likings.

Since I know it's a pain to read long *** paragraphs like this, I'll put it into bullet form.

1. Tires
- Need grip in dry conditions
- Rain/snow handling ratings don't matter
- Car is stock
- Need to be 275's all around
- Anything less than $50/tire (cheaper is always better as long as they stick)

2. Exhaust
- LT's with EGR, A.I.R. and o2 sensor fittings (preferably stainless)
- High flow CATS (Magnaflow seems to be the cheapest I've found so far...)
- H pipe (true duals)
- CME (6litereater is the cheapest I've seen on this)
- Throaty, Mustanglike sound
- Not to loud, but louder than it is now w/flowmaster Cat-Back

Sorry for the long post, but I've searched plenty and I'm still unsure as what to get and I'd like some personal opinions. Thanks guys!