Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to get first

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to get first

Hello i own a 1998 Pontiac Trans-Am.i am planing on my next Mod.Either A MAFSlp for 159$Or Some type of power tuner execpt for the ones u need with a laptop.I am diaspointed that diablo sports doesnt make a programer for 98Ls1. .And i heard the The jet chip wasent good too.What SHOULD I do?THANKS current mods.AIR LID.Home made Ram air plate.Custoum true dual exhaust With 2 40 seiries flowmaster.Just installed poly urathane torque arm bushing.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What to get first

I guess that leaves the Hypertech Power Programmer 3(HPP3). Its not too great but it will get the job done unless you want very advanced tuning. You could probally find a used one for cheap. I have one but its for an 01. Good Luck Man
WeS
Old 10-12-2003, 12:02 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think you can hold off on any kinda of tuning unit until your mods require it. you just have a few bolt ons and with those the stock tuning will be fine.

when you do need tuning i suggest just biting the bullit and saving up for ls1edit or take it to a shop that has it. HPP3 is pretty much junk except for raising limiters and such, you'll get no good tuning out of it.

and ya it sucks diablo doesnt make its predator unit for 98's

and while your at it i'd pass on the MAF, to many problems for what is worth and the stock unit is fine. spend your money else where for mods.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

[quote]
i think you can hold off on any kinda of tuning unit until your mods require it. you just have a few bolt ons and with those the stock tuning will be fine.
Well after i put my true dual exhaust my car is running a tenth slower.Do i need to upgrade somthing to balnce this?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Try cutouts, or change mufflers. Some say the Flowmasters are junk.