Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New DD not a fbody, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New DD not a fbody, need some advice

hey all i bought a 07 maxima SE 3.5 for a daily driver, and the sound system is lets say LACKING

can i just add a amp and sub and be fine, i need some more power and bass but dont want to go crazy

suggestions please
Old 02-17-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

my bro has a 2001 maxima, he added a kenwood HU and he put a pair of 6x9 powered by an amp in the back, on right and left of the aid box, now all the sound is coming from the back i hate it but hes happy with it loool.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Engine_HP
my bro has a 2001 maxima, he added a kenwood HU and he put a pair of 6x9 powered by an amp in the back, on right and left of the aid box, now all the sound is coming from the back i hate it but hes happy with it loool.
My sister knows nothing about car audio, too. How does that help the OP?

Yes, you can add a sub and an amp. It will give you more bass. It's certainly not ideal, but if you're looking for bass then go for it. It's not like you can't keep using those parts later if you upgrade more of the system.

Get a Dayton Reference 12" if you want decent bass or a Fi Q12 or Q15 if you want a lot of bass. Going for a good 15" will overpower your stock speakers, though. Even the Q12 will do that if you push it.