Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Yellow Terra

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yella Terra

has any of you guys used there adjustable race rockers ? I was at a buddy of mines machine shop just B/S and he was working on trying to get these to work with a set of sheet metal valve covers . It was not even thinking of working . The rockers where hitting the head on the pushrod side and had to be clearenced to miss the spring. and by the time he clearenced the head it was almost thru the gasket area these are stock heads not sure the casting. also the nut was hitting the valve cover i was thinking you had to run a spacer under the cover but that dont answer it hitting the head Any one that has used these tell me problems and fixes . It got me to thinking it is going in a dirt car ,and he dont do many gen 3 engines. Thanks in advance

Last edited by pmbmax; 02-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pmbmax
has any of you guys used there adjustable race rockers ? I was at a buddy of mines machine shop just B/S and he was working on trying to get these to work with a set of sheet metal valve covers . It was not even thinking of working . The rockers where hitting the head on the pushrod side and had to be clearenced to miss the spring. and by the time he clearenced the head it was almost thru the gasket area these are stock heads not sure the casting. also the nut was hitting the valve cover i was thinking you had to run a spacer under the cover but that dont answer it hitting the head Any one that has used these tell me problems and fixes . It got me to thinking it is going in a dirt car ,and he dont do many gen 3 engines. Thanks in advance

First, it is "Yella" and not "Yellow"

There are people on this site that have used them, and I was gonna, BUT, they do not make a setup for the L92 head, which is what I need. I mean, tehy do, but with a wimpy 3/8 bolt.

Your thread is VERY confusing:
What did you clear? Head? Rocker arm? The adjusting nut is hitting the valve covers? What valve covers are you running?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
8 Second Club

Just read it slow and for what it is.
1. The rockers where hitting the head on the pushrod side.
2. they meaning rocker arms had to be clearenced to clear springs.
3. The nut (adjusting nut of the rocker) was hitting the valve cover .
4. He was working on trying to get these to work with a set of sheet metal valve covers . ( not sure on the company)
Also i dont use these it was just somthing i run across. while at Lavender Engine i told him i would ask . So if you dont run them why are you responding???
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
8 Second Club

come on guys no one useing these has any one used them