General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Mystery squeak from the back seat area

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Mystery squeak from the back seat area

So i have this annoying squeak coming from the pass. side of the backseat... my buddy shoved his hand in between the seat and the panel kinda where the seat belt is and it stopped for like a week... does anyone have any idea on what it is?? i can't replicated the sound when its parked and im looking for it but it starts when i drive so i cant hop in the back seat when im moving...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may not be it, but make sure your back seat is completely latched on the post. I had the same problem a while back and it drove me nuts. The squeaking sound was the lever rubbing on the post as the seat moved back and forth going over little road bumps.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's where I would start looking too.
I have had squeeks from that area, even with the seat latched. I tried wrapping a little electric tape around the post that the latch contacts and it was fine until the tape got chewed through. Now I just throw some light grease on the post a couple times a year and it seems fine.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it might also be the styrofoam piece that is under the interior panel. My was squeaking a lot and I finally took it all apart and found out that was rubbing every once in awhile while driving. I put some padding around it and havent had a problem since.