Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SF Bay Area Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Shop Recommendations

I am asking for a shop or shops that you folks would recommend.
I have a problem with a major flat spot at 2500 RPM, where it feels like a miss fire or something. It also happens at higher RPMs as well. I am not trying to diagnose it here as I have changed out MAF, and EGR with some improvement but not 100%. I am looking for a LS1 savey shop. May need some dyno tuning but I don't know.

Also, I would like a competant shop that can do a rear axle gear change.
Someplace in the SF Bay Area, I am in the South bay but can travel a reasonable distance for a good shop.

Thanks,
Tony C
Old 02-20-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

synergy motorsports in newark cali. newtech performance in hayward cali. worked with both of them. also they both have dyno machines. top notch guys
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Great info.
Tony C
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd recommend synergy.
i had some work done there, but i was the odd LSx powered car without turbos.

check out norcal-lsx.com
you can probably find someone to plug in and diagnose the problem for gas money.
i had rearend specialties in santa clara throw a torsen with 3.42s in my v6 camaro ages ago. price was right and i had no problems/noises/etc with that rear.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Teching In

OK, Great thanks! I may contact Rearend Specialties since they are in Santa Clara after I work out the engine issue.
Thanks again.
T
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Default Where to buy LS engines in the North Bay?

I'm looking into placing a LS or engine from a used Silverado or Tahoe into my 1974 GMC. Any suggestions? I'm on a huge budget.

I may have located a 2003 Tahoe with a 4.8 2WD thru Craigslist. But the Tahoe suffered severe front end damage. The water pump and AC bracket are damaged along with the tensioner. The starter is damaged due to the engine being shifted and pinched between motor mounts and frame. Is all this damage worth $1500? An engine, 4.8 with all electronics and a 4L60E plus a drive shaft.

Otherwise is Pick and Pull somewhat decent place to look for a drivetrain?
4.8?
5.3?
6.0?
7.4? I wish I could only afford!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohmlaw6

I'm looking into placing a LS or engine from a used Silverado or Tahoe into my 1974 GMC. Any suggestions? I'm on a huge budget.

I may have located a 2003 Tahoe with a 4.8 2WD thru Craigslist. But the Tahoe suffered severe front end damage. The water pump and AC bracket are damaged along with the tensioner. The starter is damaged due to the engine being shifted and pinched between motor mounts and frame. Is all this damage worth $1500? An engine, 4.8 with all electronics and a 4L60E plus a drive shaft.
Otherwise is Pick and Pull somewhat decent place to look for a drivetrain?
4.8?
5.3?
6.0?
7.4? I wish I could only afford!
NOPE, Being that the starter is damaged I'd say a good chance the block is cracked by starter.
When I looked into doing my swap I found 6.0 liter for about 15500 to my door from LQK call and ask about 5.3, honestly you can find 4l60e for dirt cheap. The driveshaft you get with tahoe will be a waste.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Shop Recommendations