Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake/PP TB installed! Now couple quick questions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 intake/PP TB installed! Now couple quick questions??

Ok just got it all done after my TB came in today. The car has been sitting with the battery disconnected for a month or more. Started right up, with a few sputters, and then held an idle real well. Oil pressure sensor is working so I didnt break that THANK GOD! But if I give it a little rev it will fall down to a couple hundred RPM's like its gonna die, then it will recover and hold an idle. Im pretty sure this is just it relearning after sitting for so long? What do you guys think? Any thing else to check?

I cant drive it since it only has storage insurance right now....

Josh
Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My car has done that after a battery disconnect. It will relearn the trims after a little bit.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Ya that is what I was assuming, now my problem is that I need to adjust the throttle cable...its no where near full throttle when the pedal is on the floor. I dont think I had full throttle even before the bump stop mod....should have checked that a long time ago

edit: found it through a search...ive been here too long to make that mistake...its actually real easy to adjust

Last edited by jrob56; 02-20-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Car just needs some driving time to relearn, some backroad thearpy is always good
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A throttle cable or PCM relearn isn't going to cause stumbling issues on a stock car with an LS6 intake install. Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak somewhere.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Damian
A throttle cable or PCM relearn isn't going to cause stumbling issues on a stock car with an LS6 intake install. Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak somewhere.
only stumbled for a few mins maybe 10 at the most, runs fine now, im pretty sure it was relearning...now itll fev up and fall down to stock like normal....will only know for sure after i drive it though!