General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Couple Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Couple Problems

First problem im running into is that my drivers side blinker light is not coming on during the day but the the passanger side is. The bulb is not burnt out because when i turn on the lights they both come on..?? Wiring problem somewhere im guessing?

Second problem I think is a bit more serious and need to fix ASAP..When I pull the car out of the garage there is a few drips from the rear end. Im guessing its just the main seal? Stock rear
Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If the rear blinker bulb is out, the front blinkers won't work.

The rear end leak is easy. Just check for a leak and change the gasket. But dion't freak out if its just dripping a little on the ground, at this point.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you do have a rear bulb out, you can move the blinker arm manually, have a friend see if the front is blinking when you do that. If it does, the rear bulb is out.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Blinker bulbs are dual filament. So you can turn on your lights and the park lights will come on but the blinker filament could still be burned out and your blinker won't work. Bulbs are pretty cheap.

The rear end drip is probably the pinion seal at the front of the rear end. If it is you can tell by looking under the rear, you should see where fluid is being flung against the underbody. A few drops is common and not a major concern as long as you keep fluid in the rear. I didn't like mine leaking and had the pinon seal and yolk changed recently.