Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 to 4l60E Ouestions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 to 4l60E Ouestions??

I am doing an engine / trans swap in my 69 Chevelle. Putting an LS2 and 4l60E in it. The engine is a crate motor from GMPP (set up for a Corvette). The engine came with a 14" flexplate but had an adaptor for the Corvette attached to it. I was told that it could be removed from the flexplate (i did this). In putting the transmission and engine together, do I need any type of flexplate spacer? Or will they just go together? If anyone knows this would help. Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1969 CON
I am doing an engine / trans swap in my 69 Chevelle. Putting an LS2 and 4l60E in it. The engine is a crate motor from GMPP (set up for a Corvette). The engine came with a 14" flexplate but had an adaptor for the Corvette attached to it. I was told that it could be removed from the flexplate (i did this). In putting the transmission and engine together, do I need any type of flexplate spacer? Or will they just go together? If anyone knows this would help. Thanks!!

Sound like you have an older style 4l60e Transmission or non LS engine type. If that is the case you need the spacer. Post pictures if possible.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where would i get the spacer for the trnsmission from?

Quick Reply: LS2 to 4l60E Ouestions??